Prices for 2018
£425.00 per week for the low season rising to £575.00 for the high season
Short breaks are occasionally available
The cottage lets are from Saturday to Saturday. There may be opportunities for short stays, please get in touch.
A deposit of £100 is required within seven days of booking with the balance due four weeks before letting commences. For bookings of two weeks or more the deposit will be £200.00
We welcome well-behaved dogs by arrangement at no additional charge. This is on the condition you do not leave them alone in the cottage whilst you are out, they are treated with tick prevention products and any damage incurred will be fully reimbursed to the Hirsel owners.
Late availability deals are available, please contact us for details - by e-mail to email@example.com or telephone 01471 855350.
The Hirsel is a no-smoking cottage
THE HIRSEL ON SKYE – TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Period of Hire. Letting starts at 4pm on the day of arrival and ends at 10am on the day of departure. Lets are on a weekly basis, Saturday to Saturday or by arrangement. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form. Short term lets may be possible subject to availability.
2. Booking & Payment. A firm booking is accepted following confirmation of availability and the return of our booking form. A deposit of £100 for each rental week is payable when a booking is made. The balance of the hire charge shall be payable 4 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are:
• Cheques drawn on a UK bank account, made payable to Eileen Armstrong.
• Direct transfer to UK bank account, details by request.
• Payment via the PayPal system for overseas guests only due to charges.
Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Client is responsible for the full hire charge.
3. Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the Client, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be liable by the Client. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
If the Hirsel cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners.
4. Services. Use of electricity, gas, wi-fi, bed linen and towels are all included in the weekly tariffs. For doggie guests, please provide own bedding and towels.
5. Number of Persons using the property. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed five (unless by prior arrangement). Sub-letting is strictly prohibited.
6. Complaints & Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact us as soon as possible and we will attempt to fix the problem.
7. Breakage or Damage. For the benefit of the next clients staying in the house, please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. We do not charge for breakages or damage which occur as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to demand payment for damage or breakages which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
8. Care of Property. The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
9. Pets. We welcome well-behaved dogs by arrangement. On booking please provide details to determine suitability and the Owners reserve the right not to accept the booking request. It is a condition of booking acceptance that dogs must be Frontlined, or other anti-tick products, not left unattended at any time and any damage incurred will be rectified at the Client’s full cost.
10. Smokers. The Hirsel is a non-smoking cottage and so please only smoke outside if you have to. It is unfair to following guests to have to experience any evidence of smoking by previous guests.
11. Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
12. Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the property and its equipment is entirely at the Client's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. Client's Responsibility - The Client is responsible for the property and its contents which should be left clean at the end of the holiday, and breakages, damage or faults reported to the Owners.
14. Contract. The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Eileen Armstrong, owner of the Hirsel on Skye.